Monday, February 24, 2014

So this guy walks into a bar....


He has a couple of drinks, shots, etc., and bullshits with his friends and other patrons of the fine drinking establishment.  He then goes to another bar where he has a couple more drinks and shots, bullshits with more friends and patrons, and even makes a couple new friends.  And, then, he goes to another bar to partake in even more beverages of an adult nature with friends and patrons.  This fine young gentleman, if you have guessed by now, would be yours truly.  I know, I shouldn't be doing that, having drinks, a good time, flirting, and then driving home.  I know all about the dangers of doing that, so don't comment below on how irresponsible I'm being.  Suffice it to say, I arrived alive, and did not hit, kill or maim anyone or any animals on the way home.

But, then........then, I turned into something I detest.  I became one of "them" and by that I mean, I started drunk Facebooking!  And, it's not the first time either.  I've done it a time or two before, but this last time really bugged me.  The reason it bugged me most of all is, I don't freaking remember actually doing it!  I said something along the lines of, "Life sucks" and I don't quite understand why.  I was out with some friends having a "few"
drinks, laughing, joking and flirting, and I was in a good mood.  Granted, life does suck, but wasn't sucking at that moment.  I thought someone might have hacked me, but my phone was on my person the entire time.  So, unless my butt does more than dial (among other things), I did, indeed, do it.  


Over the past month or so, I've gone through some......stuff.  I'm not going to go into, really, but suffice it to say I've come out of a relationship with a wonderful woman, who really deserves better than I could give her.  And, I guess, that's when I turned into one of "them."  I let me emotions get the better of me, and I wallowed in a little bit of self-pity.  We all do it, but I decided to broadcast it via Facebook, and in doing so, I joined the infamous group of whiners that seem to think it's okay to tell the world their problems and thus, fish for sympathy and compliments to make themselves feel better.  I never thought I'd ever do that, and for that, I apologize.

So, starting now, I'm going to do something I never thought I would do.  No, I'm not going to stop drinking.  That would be crazy, not to mention
hypocritical of me to even attempt to make that claim.  What I'm going to do is, no longer accept any responsibility for anything that comes across my Facebook wall via my phone, unless it's me simply "checking in" at an establishment.  I will deny, deny, deny any claim made "allegedly" by me or about me, unless there is bona fide proof (via un-photoshopped pictures or any video) that I did, indeed, partake in said frivolities.  And, that's not to say I won't partake either. 

There you have it, folks.  I'm turning over a new leaf.  I'm gonna behave.  That means the next time I walk into a bar, it's gonna be something like this...

Alright, my minions, that's all for now.  I'm out!

Peace, Love and Karma to you all!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment