Monday, August 4, 2014

I guess I'm a daddy.....again! LOL

Well, I've gone and done it. I took another big step involving my relationship with my girlfriend, Sheila. Not that moving in with her wasn't big in its own right. It's just that, well, I've become a dad again. No, Sheila's not pregnant, thank goodness. We rescued a toy Pomeranian dog by the name of Cassidy. He's 7 years old, and weighs a whopping 4.4 lbs! LOL


He was not allowed to move with his previous owner due to restrictions at her new condo she was moving into. And, the poor guy suffered from a bad flea infestation and that's why he's looking a little bare in the fur department. But, the foster parent said that it was starting to grow back and there are spots where you can see it coming back in. It's just going to take a little time. And, of course, Sheila is spoiling him rotten already! It's been two days since he's come home with us, and I'm thinking of changing his name to Sheila's Shadow because everywhere she goes, he goes.

It's going to be an interesting journey, and I'll be sure to keep any and all of you abreast of antics, along with more pics, if you'd like. Thanks for allowing me to share.


On a sadder note, this week kind of bums the likes of deadheads out. August 1 is the birthday of Jerry Garcia, and if anyone asks who that it is, I will not only un-friend you, I will hunt you down and kill you. Jerry would have been 72 years young this year, and I think he would have still been fronting the band if he was with us today. Also, August 9 is the anniversary of his passing, sadly. Being a deadhead (shocker), I've been to hundreds of shows, and was fortunate enough to be at the last show Jerry played which was in Soldier Field in Chicago. That was July 9, 1995, and, even though some say it wasn't that great of a show, I absolutely loved it. It started with "Touch of Grey," included a 15-minute "Shakedown Street," and finished up with "Box of Rain." In fact, here's a link to the live recording. I'll let you judge for yourself, if you so desire:
https://archive.org/details/gd1995-07-09.sbd.miller.114369.flac16.


Anyway, it was the last show I attended, and I haven't had the urge to go to any Furthur or The Dead shows. Not sure why, but just haven't. Luckily, though, there are still "songs to fill the air" (bonus points if anyone knows what song that is from WITHOUT looking it up) like this cover of "Uncle John's Band" by the Indigo Girls:


And, I think I'd be more than a little remiss if I didn't include this gem of a cover of "U.S. Blues" by The Harshed Mellows. The Harshed Mellows, as you may recognize by the lead vocals was led by Dan Baird of The Georgia Satellites and backed up by former Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers members Stan Lynch, Mike Campbell and Ben Tench, along with the killer vocals of Michelle Malone. Anyway, I'm just keeping with my theme of including videos that aren't well-known, so just check it out, please:

 

Until next time, I leave you with some of the prophetic words of Mr. Jerome John Garcia:
"We need magic and bliss, and power, myth, and celebration and religion in our lives and music is a good way to encapsulate a lot of it."
And, remember, my minions....


Peace, Love and Karma to everyone!

I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment